2016 Chicago Triathlon Race Day Information
The 2016 Transamerica Chicago Triathlon is right around the corner! Check out all the information you need to know for race day. Good luck, athletes!
RACE DAY WAVE ASSIGNMENTS
With race day fast approaching, we are pleased to share our Chicago Triathlon weekend race day wave assignments:
- Click HERE to view Sunday’s Chicago Triathlon wave assignments
- Click HERE to view Saturday’s Kids Tri & SuperSprint wave assignments
In addition to these posted start times, the following course cut-off standards will be in effect for all Sunday participants:
- International Participants: Complete the 1.5k Swim Course by 10:15 a.m. (2 hours from the start of the final swim wave)
- Sprint Participants: Complete the 750m Swim Course by 11:15 a.m. (1 hour from the start of the final swim wave)
Please note: These times were calculated in accordance with the Chicago Fire Department to encourage continuous, forward progress as well as applying water exposure and exertion factors. As listed, these cut-off times accommodate 99.8% of the previous participants’ swim times [average International swim split: 37 minutes; average Sprint swim split: 21 minutes]. Participants unable to complete the full swim course, or who exit the water early, will not be able to advance onto the Bike Course. For those concerned about swim times, we strongly encourage you to attend one of our final Swim Clinics on Tuesday, August 23.
- International Participants: Must reach the Lake Shore Drive exit (mile 14.5) by 10:45 a.m., enter the McCormick Place Busway (mile 18.8) by 11:05 a.m. and finish their entire bike course by 12:00 PM.
- Sprint Participants: Complete their entire bike course (exit Lake Shore Drive) by 12:00 p.m.
- All participants must clear the Run Course by 2:00 p.m.
As a reminder all registered participants will receive the official Athlete Guide via email on Monday, August 22. The is important packet will include the final schedules, wave assignments, spectator details and course maps.