The Transamerica Chicago Triathlon presented by Toyota is held in downtown Chicago each year, and easily accessible by car, train or plane.
The Hilton Chicago, Host Hotel of the Transamerica Chicago Triathlon presented by Toyota
Located just two blocks from the swim start, at 720 S. Michigan Avenue overlooking Grant Park and Lake Michigan, the Hilton Chicago has achieved an unprecedented fusion of historic luxury and contemporary amenities. The Hilton Chicago is at the heart of Chicago's cultural core, near museums, theaters and nightlife, and is the site of the Multisport & Fitness Expo. One of Chicago's premiere luxury hotels, the Hilton Chicago features amenities geared toward both the business and leisure traveler including Executive and Suite accommodation.
A block of rooms has been reserved for August 24-26 2014 for the Transamerica Chicago Triathlon presented by Toyota weekend. To receive the special rates use Group Name: Chicago Triathlon 2014. You may book your room by visiting the Chicago Hilton online or by calling 877-865-5320. Rates start as low as $179/night.
720 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
Toll Free: 1-800-HILTONS
Map & Directions
If you plan on flying into Chicago, you have two airport options: Chicago Midway (MDW), located 11 miles southwest of downtown, and Chicago O'Hare (ORD) located 15 miles northwest of the city.
Taxi cab service is readily available from both airports. One-way fares to/from downtown Chicago average $30 each way (excluding tip). Travel times can range from 15 minutes to more than an hour, depending on rush hour.
Public transit train service is available at both city airports, with various drop-off points throughout downtown Chicago. One-way fares are currently $5 via farecard kiosks at each station, and travel times to/from downtown range from 30-45 minutes, depending on days/times. Visit www.transitchicago.com for additional details.
Airport Express to Downtown Chicago
Another fast, comfortable and affordable means of getting to the Hilton Chicago or another downtown hotel of choice is via Airport Express. For a hassle-free transition at a reasonable price, you and your bike will be taken to downtown Chicago in vans leaving every 5–10 minutes. Stop by one of their conveniently located counters (terminals 1, 2, 3 & 5 at O'Hare or across from Southwest at Midway) and check in. Visit them at www.AirportExpress.com or call 1-800-654-7871 for more information.
TriBike Transport (TBT) provides trusted, economical, hassle-free service to your 2014 Transamerica Chicago Triathlon presented by Toyota event. Reserve your space today for premium bike transport to Life Time Fitness races throughout North & Central America.
• Use the easy online reservation form to guarantee space for your bike.
• Drop off your bike fully assembled (remove only the pedals) at a conveniently located partner shop.
• For an additional fee we’ll take your wheel bag and a gear bag, too!
• TBT delivers your bike (and bags) to the event fully assembled and fully protected. Pick-up is at the on-site TBT headquarters, at or very near the Expo and transition area.
• Post-race, simply wheel your bike back to TBT for return transport home.
• Cost: $180-350 for round-trip service to the contiguous U.S. & Canada. Pricing starts at $425 to Hawaii, the Caribbean & Mexico.
• Take the night off and use TBT’s optional Valet Service
• TBT will pick up your bike and bags (bike and run) from transition after your race.
• Cost: $40 - $60
*Available at select races.
Pack & Ship*
• TBT offers Pack & Ship service to athletes living in areas that TBT’s transport trucks just can’t get to. You’re only responsible for disassembling and boxing your bike for outbound shipping. TBT handles the rest!
• Cost: $300 for round trip service within the continental U.S. $750 to Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
*Available at select races.
Celebrate your Transamerica Chicago Triathlon presented by Toyota finish, worry-free! All transports include $1,000 of declared value, with option to purchase additional coverage. For more information and to find a partner shop near you, please visit www.tribiketransport.com.
We recommend that you have your bike inspected and serviced as necessary no more than three weeks before the event. A large number of top Chicagoland shops are offering free bike inspections during the month of August, including Village Cycle, the official bike shop of the Transamerica Chicago Triathlon presented by Toyota.
Other shops participating in the free inspection program include: Trek Bicycle Store of Downers Grove, Element Multisport, Kozy's Cyclery, Mox Multisport, RRB, Spokes, Turin Bicycle, the Bike Shop of Glen Ellyn and Village CycleSport.
There are a limited number of home-stays available for professional triathletes. If you are interested, please email Anita. Space is limited, and allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you prefer to make hotel arrangements, our official host hotel is the Hilton Chicago. The Hilton Chicago offers a special rate for professional triathletes, for single or double occupancy.
Have questions about registration?
Visit our FAQs page
Click here to confirm your race entry.
Email our media team for athlete interviews, information about the Transamerica Chicago Triathlon presented by Toyota and credentials to the event on race weekend.