UPDATE 1/9/17: INTERNATIONAL DISTANCE ENTRIES ARE NOW SOLD OUT. LIMITED SPRINT SLOTS REMAIN!
The First-Timers’ Program is a special athlete development program designed to alleviate traditional intimidation, build athletic confidence and provide a calm racing environment for aspiring triathletes. The program launched in 2014, reaching sell-out capacity every season and achieving a near-perfect finisher rate.
The program is presented by Live Grit, Chicago’s never-intense triathlon store, and limited to only 300 sprint and 150 international registrants. First Timers’ Program participants receive a myriad of educational opportunities and in-person training sessions included with their race registration fee. Participants also receive special race weekend services including dedicated Transition staff and separate wave starts.
Full program perks include:
- Chicago Triathlon 101 Webinar (February)
- Earlybird access to the Chicago Tri Community Gear Swap (April)
- Six-part, in-store triathlon clinic series (May-August)
- Live Grit product and service discounts
- Written training program
- Priority registration into the Chicago Triathlon Swim Clinic Series (June-August)
- Live coaching support during the in-store clinic sessions
- Live Grit social runs and happy hours
- An amazing team to help you pick the right gear to match your needs
- A never-intimidating atmosphere to get honest answers to all of your questions
- Specials, sales and private shopping events exclusively for the First Timers’ Program
- Access to everything you need to comfortably swim, bike and run your way to your first finish line
- Private course talks
- Dedicated race weekend Transition support
- Private Transition racks
- Private swim start
A detailed listing of all perks will be distributed once a participant enrolls, and is accepted into, the program.
Additional session dates will be released in the coming weeks.