In advance of tomorrow’s Chicago Triathlon, participants now have two options to consider in regard to the swim portion of the event:
1. Participate in a 750 Meter Swim
Participants may elect to swim at 750 meter course in tomorrow’s triathlon. The 1,500 meter swim course will not be offered.
2. Participate in a Duathlon
Sprint or International distance participants who do not wish to participate in the swim portion also have the option to participate in a duathlon (run-bike-run) instead.
Event staff will continue to monitor the weather and lake conditions overnight, in conjunction with the Chicago Park District and Chicago Fire Department. In the event that swim conditions worsen, the swim portion will be cancelled and all participants will compete in the duathlon.
- August 24, 2019In advance of tomorrow’s Chicago Triathlon, participants now have two options to consider in regard to the swim portion of […]
- August 13, 2019Welcome to the 37th Annual Chicago Triathlon! Nearly 10,000 triathletes will soon descend upon Chicago for one of the world’s […]
- February 26, 2019[UPDATE 6/20: Chicago Tri weekend medals are unveiled below] Life Time is proud to unveil a new finisher medal concept […]