The 2018 Program SOLD OUT. Registration for the 2019 Edition Opens November 1 at 12pm ET.
The First-Timers’ Program is a special athlete development program designed to alleviate traditional intimidation, build athletic confidence and provide a calm racing environment for aspiring triathletes. The program launched in 2014, reaching sell-out capacity every season and achieving a near-perfect finisher rate.
The program is limited to only 150 Sprint and 150 International distance registrants. First Timers’ Program participants receive a myriad of educational opportunities and in-person training sessions included with their race registration fee. Participants also receive special race weekend services including dedicated Transition staff and separate wave starts.
Full program perks include:
Note: Exact location for the education sessions will soon be released. All sessions will be held in the City of Chicago.
- Chicago Triathlon 101 Webinar (March)
- Six-part, in-person triathlon clinic series (starts April 25)
- Local retailer product and service discounts
- Written training program
- Priority access into the Chicago Triathlon Swim Clinic Series (June-August)
- Live coaching support during in-store clinic sessions
- Various social runs and happy hours
- An amazing team to help you pick the right gear to match your needs
- A never-intimidating atmosphere to get honest answers to all of your questions
- Specials, sales and private shopping events exclusively for the First Timers’ Program
- Access to everything you need to comfortably swim, bike and run your way to your first finish line
- Private course talks
- Dedicated race weekend Transition support
- Private Transition racks
- Private swim start
To ensure placement in the First-Timers’ Program, participants must register themselves for individual Sprint or International entry at www.chicagotriathlon.com. On the “Select Your Division,” question, choose the “First-Timers’ Program” option from the menu.
A detailed listing of all perks will be distributed once a participant enrolls, and is accepted into, the program.
Additional session dates will be released in the coming weeks.