The 2020 Chicago Triathlon First-Timers’ Program
The Chicago Triathlon First-Timers’ Program is a special athlete development program designed to alleviate traditional intimidation, build athletic confidence and provide a calm racing environment for aspiring triathletes. The program launched in 2014, reaching sell-out capacity every season and achieving a near-perfect finisher rate.
The program is limited to only 150 Sprint and 150 International distance registrants. First Timers’ Program participants receive a myriad of educational opportunities and in-person training sessions included with their race registration fee. Participants also receive special race weekend services including dedicated Transition staff and separate wave starts.
Those officially-enrolled in the program receive the following perks:
The program includes six stand-alone, in-person, educational sessions — each focusing on a variety of tri-specific topics (swim, bike, run, transition, gear, etc). These 2020 educational sessions will be hosted at a date and time TBD.
- Date TBD: Bike
- Date TBD: Run
- Date TBD: Swim
- Date TBD: Transition
- Date TBD: Mental Preparedness
- Date TBD: Race Weekend Prep
All sessions will be within proximity of downtown Chicago, with exact locations released within private email. The educational sessions will feature a handful of retail partners and sponsors, offering exclusive swag and promotions for program participants.
- A written training program
- Priority access into the Chicago Triathlon Swim Clinic Series (June-August)
- Live coaching support during in-person educational sessions
- Various social runs and happy hours
- Private Facebook page for ongoing support and guidance. Click here for the private group link. Authorized participants have been previously provided access.
- Private, Pre-Race Athlete Briefing
- Dedicated race weekend Transition support
- Private Transition racks
- Private swim start
To ensure placement in the First-Timers’ Program, participants must register themselves for individual Sprint or International entry at www.chicagotriathlon.com. On the “Select Your Division,” question, choose the “First-Timers’ Program” option from the menu.
A detailed listing of all perks will be distributed once a participant enrolls, and is accepted into, the program. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org