The 2020 Chicago Triathlon First-Timers’ Program
Note: The 2020 First Timers’ Program is Sold Out.
The Chicago Triathlon First-Timers’ Program is a special athlete development program designed to alleviate traditional intimidation, build athletic confidence and provide a calm racing environment for aspiring triathletes. The program launched in 2014, reaching sell-out capacity every season and achieving a near-perfect finisher rate.
The program is limited to only 150 Sprint and 150 International distance registrants. First Timers’ Program participants receive a myriad of educational opportunities and in-person training sessions included with their race registration fee. Participants also receive special race weekend services including dedicated Transition staff and separate wave starts.
Those officially-enrolled in the program receive the following perks:
The program includes six stand-alone, in-person or video, educational sessions — each focusing on a variety of tri-specific topics (swim, bike, run, transition, gear, etc). The 2020 schedule is as follows:
- May 6: Swim
- May 27: Bike
- June 17: Run
- July 8: Transition
- July 29: Mental Preparation
- August 19: Race Preparation
All sessions will be held either via video or in-person once it is safe to do so, with exact in-person locations released within private email. The educational sessions will feature a handful of retail partners and sponsors, offering exclusive swag and promotions for program participants.
- A written training program
- Priority access into the Chicago Triathlon Swim Clinic Series (June-August)
- Live coaching support during in-person educational sessions
- Various social runs and happy hours once it is deemed safe per local authorities
- Private Facebook page for ongoing support and guidance. Click here for the private group link. Authorized participants have been previously provided access.
- Private, Pre-Race Athlete Briefing
- Dedicated race weekend Transition support
- Private Transition racks
- Private swim start
To ensure placement in the First-Timers’ Program, participants must register themselves for individual Sprint or International entry at www.chicagotriathlon.com. On the “Select Your Division,” question, choose the “First-Timers’ Program” option from the menu. Note: The 2020 First Timers’ Program is Sold Out.
A detailed listing of all perks will be distributed in the Spring. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org