The 2019 Chicago Triathlon First-Timers’ Program Is SOLD OUT.
The Chicago Triathlon First-Timers’ Program is a special athlete development program designed to alleviate traditional intimidation, build athletic confidence and provide a calm racing environment for aspiring triathletes. The program launched in 2014, reaching sell-out capacity every season and achieving a near-perfect finisher rate.
The program is limited to only 150 Sprint and 150 International distance registrants. First Timers’ Program participants receive a myriad of educational opportunities and in-person training sessions included with their race registration fee. Participants also receive special race weekend services including dedicated Transition staff and separate wave starts.
Those officially-enrolled in the program receive the following perks:
- The program includes six stand-alone, in-person, educational sessions — each focusing on a variety of tri-specific topics (swim, bike, run, transition, gear, etc). All sessions will be within proximity of downtown Chicago, with exact locations released within private email. Sessions will be hosted on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. CT. The first session will be hosted April 24.
- The educational sessions will feature a handful of retail partners and sponsors, offering exclusive swag and promotions for program participants.
- A written training program
- Priority access into the Chicago Triathlon Swim Clinic Series (June-August)
- Live coaching support during in-person educational sessions
- Various social runs and happy hours
- Private, Pre-Race Athlete Briefing
- Dedicated race weekend Transition support
- Private Transition racks
- Private swim start
To ensure placement in the First-Timers’ Program, participants must register themselves for individual Sprint or International entry at www.chicagotriathlon.com. On the “Select Your Division,” question, choose the “First-Timers’ Program” option from the menu.
A detailed listing of all perks will be distributed once a participant enrolls, and is accepted into, the program. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org