STEP 1: CHOOSE YOUR DISTANCE
The Chicago Triathlon offers a variety of distances for kids and adults alike. Race weekend consists of five stand-alone triathlons, including the Life Time Kids Tri Chicago, SuperSprint and the Chicago Triathlon Sprint and International races. The Triple Challenge is our sixth event, consisting of three races unto itself.
|KIDS RACE DISTANCES||Swim||Bike||Run||Total|
|Juniors (7-10 years)||100 meters
|Seniors (11-14 years)||200 m
|ADULT RACE DISTANCES||Swim||Bike||Run||Total|
|International / Olympic||1,500 m
(all 3 above)
STEP 2: CHOOSE YOUR DIVISION
The Chicago Triathlon is far from a one-size-fits-all event, as athletes now have the ability to decide how competitive they wish to be and/or whom they start alongside. The event offers a variety of special programs and competitions, each designed to accommodate participants of every ability, interest level and goal. During the registration process, registrants must select from one of the following “Divisions:”
|Division||Capacity||Level||Participating Race Distance|
|Competitive Age Group *||n/a||All Levels||Kids, Sprint or International|
|First Timers’ Program||300||Beginner||Sprint or International|
|Relay Teams||100||All||Kids, Sprint or International|
|Triple Challenge||175||Advanced||SuperSprint + Sprint + International|
|Clydesdales/Athenas||200||All||Sprint or International|
|First Responders||100||All||Sprint or International|
|Mountain Bike||150||All||Sprint or International|
|Collegiate||150||All||Sprint or International|
* Competitive Age Group is the default classification for all participants.
STEP 3: GET REGISTERED!
Once the distance and division are known, it’s time to get registered. Registration opens Thursday, November 1 at 12:00 p.m. CT. Separate links will be available for Saturday races (Kids’ Triathlon or SuperSprint) and Sunday races (Sprint and International).
All Registrants Receive
- Custom finisher medal for all participants
- High-quality custom gender-specific event T-shirt
- Awards 3 deep for male and female age groups
- Locally-themed, post-race food
- Fantastic aid stations
- Chip timing
- Post race party with live music
- Post race beer (for the adults)!
- Free photo race photo downloads courtesy of Athlinks
- Closed and certified race course
The 2018 Chicago Triathlon is committed to being environmentally and socially sustainable. In 2012, the race earned certification as a sustainable race by the Council for Responsible Sport and was recognized as a green event by the Chicago Park District. This year we are applying for recertification.
- Recycling and composting in transition, at the swim start, on the course and at the finish festival
- Sourcing local food and beverages
- Minimizing our carbon and water footprints
- Donating unused food to charity
- Reusing signage and other materials
- Recycling race bibs and swim caps
- Supporting local charities
We encourage participants to help by:
- Carpooling or using public transportation to get to and from the race
- Using your own hydration system on the run to minimize paper cup waste and conserve water
- Using the recycling, compost and landfill bins provided
- Supporting our charities
The race is committed to respecting and including athletes and volunteers of all ability, and not discrimination on the basis of age, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, race or religion. If you have comments or suggestions for how we can strengthen our commitment to sustainability and equity, please email us.