The backbone of any special event is a solid group of volunteers, and the Chicago Triathlon is no exception. Without the help of volunteers the race would not be possible. We are always recruiting helpful volunteers and groups alike to support us throughout the Chicago Triathlon race weekend.
The least we can do for each volunteer is to give back a little something for you! All Chicago Triathlon volunteers will receive:
- A commemorative volunteer T-shirt celebrating this year’s event
- Complete community service hours
- Meet a new friend or business contact
- Create new interests or hobbies
- Fulfillment of helping another individuals accomplish their goal or dream
- And, of course, the good feeling one gets when helping a worthy cause
Volunteer for 3 or more of our races and become part of our Volunteer AllStars! Receive a seasonal swag bag at the end of the year to commemorate your time as a volunteer!
Group leaders of volunteer groups larger than 10 people are encouraged to reach out directly to our volunteer coordinator. Along with the normal perks of helping, we do offer donations to volunteer groups of 10 helpers or more. We will find space to accommodate groups of any size, so reach out to us today and get your group involved!
Volunteer positions include packet pickup, course marshaling, goody bag and T-shirt distribution, aid station support and many others. Over 2,000 volunteers are needed throughout the weekend at the Multisport & Fitness Expo, SuperSprint and Life Time Kids Tri Chicago or Sunday’s Chicago Triathlon. We can find a volunteer position for just about anyone.
Thank you in advance to all of our 2021 Chicago Triathlon volunteers. Don’t forget to use #lifetimevolunteer when posting your fun photos on social media!
As of 4/21/2021
The Chicago Triathlon team continues to work closely with local, city, state, and public health officials to determine the best practices needed to ensure the safety of all community members. Final safety measures and protocols, along with participant requirements, will be made available closer to the race date. Here are a few examples of what you might expect to see – please note these are subject to change and will be based on local guidelines for your safety.
- Pre-event questionnaire
- Face covering requirement
- Increased hand sanitation stations
- Increased spacing
- Self-supported on-course athlete hydration
- Prepackaged grab-and-go athlete recovery food, water & medals
- Routine disinfection of high-touch surfaces